Close Larger Deals Faster with Sales Negotiation Skills Training
Sellers today must work harder than ever to reach the final stage in pursuing a sale: the negotiation. Therefore, the urge to close can overwhelm other considerations, namely price.
In the moment, many sellers concede to pricing pressure, rather than explore the customer’s underlying needs to protect the value of the sale.
To protect the value of the sale, professionals must build skills that enable them to convert demands into needs.
Demands are inflexible. Needs can be addressed in ways that protect pricing.
Training sellers to take a consultative approach to negotiations helps them control outcomes by connecting the value of the offering to the customer’s needs.
Richardson’s Consultative Sales Negotiation Training Programme
Richardson’s Consultative Sales Negotiation Training programme (learn more here) offers specific practices that sellers can apply in a variety of negotiations, regardless of deal size or industry.
The program offers a Framework that helps sales professionals shape their customer’s perception of value while working towards a mutually beneficial outcome.
With a combination of social psychology, interactive learning, and customisation, learners leave training with the tools, skills, and confidence to move a commitment to a close.
Richardson’s Chief Marketing Officer, Andrea Grodnitzky, explains how a consultative approach to negotiations results in more mutually beneficial outcomes for your sales professionals and their clients.
Consultative Negotiations Programme Learning Objectives
Upon completing the sales negotiations training programme your sales team will be better able to:
- Control the impulse to jump to trading by connecting solutions to client needs
- Use preparation to prime the customer to build trust and maximise outcomes
- Lead the negotiation process with an opening that anchors the value of the deal
- Preserve deal size by converting demands to needs to prevent or limit trading
- Learn to achieve mutually beneficial results
- Convert a commitment to a close by overcoming deadlocks
- Execute effective follow-up to solidify the deal and maintain momentum
- Understand the psychological principles at work during the decision-making process
Consultative Negotiations Program Business Benefits
Upon completing the sales negotiation training programme (learn more here) your sales team will experience the following business benefits:
- Improved ability to justify value and protect or increase deal size
- Increased win ratio and decrease the sales cycle by leading the negotiation with confidence and control
- Improved ability to protect price and avoid discounting while preserving relationships
Richardson’s Sales Negotiations Training programme is available in the following modalities:
- Blended learning solution that incorporates both a one-day facilitator-led workshop and the Richardson Accelerate™ digital learning platform for pre-workshop learning and post-workshop sustainment
- Richardson Accelerate digital learning platform only
- One-day, facilitator-led workshop only
- Virtual instructor-led training