The Six Critical Skills of Selling: Are They Relevant Today?
Richardson Sales Performance’s Six Critical Skills are invaluable at all levels of the sales organization, as they provide a consistent methodology for sales reps. The Six Critical Skills represent the heart of the Richardson Sales Performance sales framework and are the foundation of a client-focused sales process.
They allow users to create the building blocks for engaging dialogue, understanding client needs, closing business, and building long-term relationships. The Six Critical Skills are:
- Questioning - determine client needs and obtaining in-depth information.
- Checking - keep the content interactive, and getting client feedback and input.
- Listening - understand client issues, and incorporating client ideas and priorities into your story.
- Presence - project confidence and creating a level of comfort with the client.
- Relating - establish rapport and building relationships.
- Positioning - tell your story from the client’s point of view, not yours.
If you can not see this video, please click here
Six Critical Skills Training Program Brochure
Learn about our training program that builds the soft selling skills every seller needs to practice and perfect.Download
Get industry insights and stay up to date, subscribe to our newsletter.
Joining our community gives you access to weekly thought leadership to help guide your planning for a training initiative, inform your sales strategy, and most importantly, improve your team's performance.