Sprint Sales Coaching
Transform sales managers into leaders who inspire.
Effective sales coaching training drives continuous performance improvement
In today's setting of constant disruption periodic, formal coaching discussions no longer work. Richardson's Sprint Sales Coaching program teaches sales managers a process and skills that make coaching more effective by helping them make coaching an ongoing, iterative path to lasting and meaningful performance improvement.
Sprint Sales Coaching Training Program Overview
Richardson’s Sprint Coaching™ program teaches an agile approach to sales coaching that aims to make the developmental process iterative and flexible. Sprint Coaching™ is a collaborative process where the manager uses questioning to help sellers self-discover and self-assess ways to leverage strengths and improve through effective problem-solving.
The program does this with modules covering topics including:
- Sales Coaching Sprints: A sprint is a cycle of Prepare - Engage - Advance that ensures coaching is constant and progress is continuous.
- Sprint Sales Coaching Model: The program trains sales managers to use three models, assess-analyze-address, for effective problem-solving. Managers learn to first assess the current state of their seller's performance to identify positives and opportunities to improve, analyze the root issue that is preventing stronger performance, and then address that root issue with action.
These interactions between managers and sellers result in increased ownership for performance and greater independence and self-reliance for sellers, a stronger relationship between managers and sellers, better problem-solving, and improved job performance.
Take a deeper dive into the Sprint Sales Coaching Approach by Downloading the White Paper: Coaching Your Team to Find their Stride
Sales Performance Platform Example: Addressing a Performance Issue
The video below is from the Sprint Sales Coaching training program on our sales performance platform. It demonstrates an ineffective example of the skill of addressing a performance issue.
Sprint Sales Coaching Training Program Business Benefits
Upon completing the Sprint Sales Coaching training program, your organization will experience the following business benefits:
- Competitive advantage from building a coaching culture that drives performance
- A discipline of “everyday coaching” that accelerates behavior change and improves results
- Improved performance from turning routine management inspections into coachable moments
- Higher levels of self-motivation to excel so that team members take greater responsibility for their performance
Key Areas of Content
Preparing for Coaching Conversations
Sales managers learn to prepare for planned and impromptu coaching conversations using a systematic approach
Connecting with Sales Professionals
Sales managers learn how to effectively set the focus and tone for an honest, open, and collaborative coaching discussion by connecting with their team members on a personal and professional level.
Effective Sales Coaching
Sales managers learn to engage in a collaborative process to help team members self-assess and self-discover ways to leverage strengths and improve performance through effective problem-solving.
Commitment to Action
Sales managers learn to gain commitment to action and ensure their team members are clear on agreed-to-actions and next steps that maintain accountability.
Sales professionals learn to use "selling sprints," short bursts of activity centered around key moments in sales conversations, that result in a mini close.