Sprint Sales Coaching™ Training
Your sales managers need an agile approach to coaching to drive lasting change.
Effective sales coaching training drives continuous performance improvement
Richardson’s Sprint Coaching™ program teaches an agile approach to sales coaching that makes the developmental process iterative and flexible. This approach transforms the traditional role of a manager from being the expert who directs and tells, to being a coach who inspires increased self-motivation to learn, change, and improve results.
Sprint Sales Coaching Training Program Overview
Selling and buying have changed dramatically so coaching must also change. Periodic, formal sit-down discussions no longer work in a setting of constant disruption. Coaching must be ongoing. It must help sellers quickly develop skills in the field to drive lasting change.
Richardson’s Sprint Coaching™ program enables sales managers to make the necessary shift in mindset to truly commit to coaching. The result is a team of more self-aware, self-reliant, and skilled professionals who take greater ownership of their growth and who more independently meet business goals.
The program does this with modules covering topics including:
- Sales Coaching Sprints: A sprint is a cycle of Prepare - Engage - Advance that ensures coaching is constant and progress is continuous.
- Sprint Sales Coaching Model: The program trains sales managers to use three models, assess-analyze-address, for effective problem-solving. Managers learn to first assess the current state of their seller's performance to identify positives and opportunities to improve, analyze the root issue that is preventing stronger performance, and then address that root issue with action.
These interactions between managers and sellers result in increased ownership for performance and greater independence and self-reliance for sellers, a stronger relationship between managers and sellers, better problem-solving, and improved job performance.
Take a deeper dive into the Sprint Sales Coaching Approach by Downloading the White Paper: Coaching Your Team to Find their Stride
Sales Performance Platform Example: Addressing a Performance Issue
The video below is from the Sprint Sales Coaching training program on our sales performance platform. It demonstrates an ineffective example of the skill of addressing a performance issue.
Learn more about our sales performance platform here.
Sprint Sales Coaching Training Program Business Benefits
Upon completing the Sprint Sales Coaching training program, your organization will experience the following business benefits:
- Competitive advantage from building a coaching culture that drives performance
- A discipline of “everyday coaching” that accelerates behavior change and improves results
- Improved performance from turning routine management inspections into coachable moments
- Higher levels of self-motivation to excel so that team members take greater responsibility for their performance
Click here to contact us to set up a meeting with one of our sales experts who can help you determine if this program will drive performance for your team.
Sprint Sales Coaching Training Program Brochure
Learn how we can train your team to coach with agility.Download
Key Areas of Content
Preparing for Coaching Conversations
Sales managers learn to prepare for planned and impromptu coaching conversations using a systematic approach
Connecting with Sales Professionals
Sales managers learn how to effectively set the focus and tone for an honest, open, and collaborative coaching discussion by connecting with their team members on a personal and professional level.
Effective Sales Coaching
Sales managers learn to engage in a collaborative process to help team members self-assess and self-discover ways to leverage strengths and improve performance through effective problem-solving.
Commitment to Action
Sales managers learn to gain commitment to action and ensure their team members are clear on agreed-to-actions and next steps that maintain accountability.
Sales professionals learn to use "selling sprints," short bursts of activity centered around key moments in sales conversations, that result in a mini close.