Close Larger Deals Faster with Sales Negotiation Skills Training
Sales professionals today must work harder than ever to reach the final stage in pursuing a sale: the negotiation. Therefore, the urge to close can overwhelm other considerations – namely, price.
In the moment, many sellers concede to pricing pressure, rather than explore the customer’s underlying needs to protect the value of the sale.
To protect the value of the sale, professionals must build skills that enable them to convert demands into needs.
Demands are inflexible. Needs can be addressed in ways that protect pricing.
Training sales professionals to take a consultative approach to negotiations helps them control outcomes by connecting the value of the offering to the customer’s business needs.
Richardson’s Consultative Sales Negotiation Training Program
Richardson’s Consultative Sales Negotiation training program offers specific practices that sellers can apply in a variety of negotiations, regardless of deal size or industry.
The program offers a framework that helps sales professionals shape their customer’s perception of value while working towards a mutually beneficial outcome.
With a combination of social psychology, interactive learning, and customization, learners leave training with the tools, skills, and confidence to move a commitment to a close.
Richardson’s Chief Marketing Officer, Andrea Grodnitzky, explains how a consultative approach to negotiations results in more mutually beneficial outcomes for your sales professionals and their clients.
To learn more contact us or download the white paper, Winning the Sale without Thinning the Sale: Negotiating With the Modern Buyer
Consultative Negotiations Program Learning Objectives
Upon completing the sales negotiations training program, your sales team will be better able to:
- Control the impulse to jump to trading by connecting solutions to client needs
- Use preparation to prime the customer to build trust and maximize outcomes
- Lead the negotiation process with an opening that anchors the value of the deal
- Preserve deal size by converting demands to needs to prevent or limit trading
- Learn to achieve mutually beneficial results
- Convert a commitment to a close by overcoming deadlocks
- Execute effective follow-up to solidify the deal and maintain momentum
- Leverage the psychological principles at work during the decision-making process
Consultative Negotiations Program Business Benefits
Upon completing the sales negotiation training program, your sales team will experience the following business benefits:
- Improved ability to justify value and protect or increase deal size
- Increased win ratio and decreased sales cycle by leading the negotiation with confidence and control
- Improved ability to protect price and avoid discounting while preserving relationships
Richardson’s Sales Negotiations Training program is available in the following modalities: