Financial Services & Banking Sales Training
Download our Newest E-book, A Financial Services Leader Guide for Driving Sales Success. This E-book highlights some of the major themes Richardson is seeing in sales in the financial services sector and how winning financial services firms are adapting their sales approach for this new environment.
Financial Services Sales Training: The Sweeping Need
Regulatory reform. New reporting requirements. Technology innovation reducing competitive barriers. Changing workforce. The financial services and banking industries are undergoing a significant transformation.
Today with the shifts in the industry and changes in business models, companies need to focus on the skills and behaviors needed from their sales and customer facing professionals to help execute new business strategies. Driving new business, as well a focusing on growing share in existing clients and customers are the critical drivers of success today and in the future. This is where Richardson can help. We have partnered with:
- 85% of the Fortune 1000 Commercial Banks
- 85% of the Barron’s top 40 Wealth Management firms
- 80% of the world’s top 30 Asset Management companies
- 78% of the world’s top Retail Banks
We provide a comprehensive sales training for banking and financial services firm's sales and service teams, as well as sales leaders, enabling them to reach next levels of success within today’s rapidly changing financial services selling environment.
Richardson's financial services and banking clients have experienced significant and quantifiable success from our sales performance improvement solutions. We measure results from experiential and quantitative levels using performance surveys, tracking, benchmarking, and ROI. Just a few success points achieved by some of our financial services clients:
- Global Financial Services Company - tripled pipeline; shortened their sales cycle by six weeks; increased new deal size by 40%, and closed $67mm in business from cross-sales referral program. Their success actually made the cover of SellingPower Magazine.
- Leading Canadian Bank - moved from #5 to #1 in Net Promoter Score among Canadian Banks and increased wallet share by 12%.
- Diversified Financial Services Company - experienced immediate and significant improvement to their business including, A total increase of $125,000 per salesperson, a total company increase in revenue of over $50 million, a return of $192 for every $1 dollar spent on training
How We Help!
Today, financial services organizations need to transform their business models, performance objectives, and incentives as a strategy to gain a sustainable long-term approach to value creation and to rebuild consumer confidence. At Richardson, we bring unmatched experience and flexibility to create sales training and performance improvement solutions that enable better customer interactions that drive results.
- You benefit from our unmatched experience solving similar challenges with some of the world’s leading financial services companies.
- You gain from our unmatched flexibility to meet your exact needs through our proven sales training content — customized to the deepest levels in the industry, whether retail banking, private wealth management, investment banking, or commercial banking segments.
- You achieve unmatched results through our expert facilitation, coaching, and reinforcement that drives sustainable behavior change.
Just a Few of the Financial Services Companies We Have Worked With
Richardson provides sales training for bankers and financial services to support emerging trends and those strategic initiatives that will effectively position your banking services, relationship managers, associates, managers, analysts, branch staff, field sales, and customer service representatives to reach their maximum success amidst a challenging and shifting global financial services environment.
|Case Study: SunTrust Financial Services
||This case study explores how SunTrust, a large diversified financial institution, benefited from taking a strategic approach to sales training. Click here to download
|Financial Services Industry Trends
||As a result of analyzing data from our financial services clients, Richardson has been able to identify the following best practices, which represent the most pressing areas for sales skill development given the current climate of the market.Click here to download.
|Financial Services Solution Map
||Our comprehensive and modular curriculum meets your needs at every stage of the sales cycle - from prospecting to selling, presenting, negotiating, cross-selling, relationship management, and coaching. Click the following to download our Sales Training Solution Map and take a quick look at some of the more common challenges each financial services segment is facing and the list of skills needed to drive desired results.
|Financial Services Sales Trends and Strategic Initiatives
||Financial Services Organizations can take strides toward being proactive vs. reactive through a series of strategic adjustments to business processes and practices. Add to that effort investment in key areas of skill development to solidify a consultative sales culture and equip Financial Advisors to capitalize and close on each client touch point. Click Here to Download