Research confirms that deep customization drives better outcomes because it is highly relevant and immediately applicable for participants. According to recent McKinsey research, top sales organizations understand that different sellers and teams need different capabilities, and they are twice as likely as laggards to tailor training and development to suit those requirements.
All Richardson Sales Performance training is highly customized to fit the precise needs and nuances in our clients’ businesses.
The Sales Training Customization Process
Richardson Sales Performance's process for building customized sales training programs ensures we:
- Define and target the most critical selling behaviors your organization needs to prioritize for sales success at this moment in your market
- Facilitate early engagement and buy-in across your leadership and management teams to help drive change
- Have clarity and accountability to drive to your timelines and outcomes
- Incorporate and drive alignment and further adoption on the tools and systems you already use that work for your teams
- Create a comprehensive measurement plan that is tied to your most important metrics and key performance indicators
- Create a cohesive sustainment plan that drives long-term, lasting change
- Develop and deliver highly engaging and relevant learning materials that inspire your sales team to push harder in trying new approaches and growing their skills to raise the bar in front of your customers
We begin by conducting a series of stakeholder interviews, most often with senior executives, frontline sales managers, and top-performing sales professionals. This helps us get a clear understanding of your strategy and culture and explore your specific needs.
The stakeholder interviews guide the creation and delivery of your custom sales training solution.
The outcome of the due diligence and interviews is a solution blueprint. The blueprint serves two purposes:
- Provides insight into what we have learned to ensure you are confident that we understand your business and sales situations.
- Offers recommendations for the learning journey, measurement and sustainment strategy.
We will lay out the exact content that your managers and sales professionals will learn before, during, and after the training events. We will also work with you on a sustainment plan and cadence.
We won’t take another step until we gather your feedback and validate our recommendations to ensure that we are in lockstep with your thinking.
This feedback loop continues throughout the development of all of our customized sales training program materials so that you can be sure we are focused on driving the behaviors you care most about and are doing so in a way that brings your sales team along with us.