Sales Management Training
In today’s fast-paced business environment, it is easy for a sales manager who is caught up in the day-to-day management of his or her salespeople to lose sight of the big picture. This leaves a team of salespeople without a leader who can inspire them, support the organization’s vision, and set the direction for the future.
Richardson’s Sales Management Training Program helps sales managers to understand and differentiate the critical roles they must play as both leaders and managers and be passionate about the personal and professional growth to be experienced as they lead their teams. Through highly customized activities and exercises, participants apply to their own organizations the five critical success factors for leadership: Vision, Focus and Discipline, Role Modeling, Empowerment, and Initiative. This sales manager training program is highly interactive and results-oriented — participants will create a focused, compelling Vision Statement and a strategy to communicate this shared vision to the team, set “game plan” goals and objectives for the team by which success can be measured, learn a Model for managing change as well as how to deal with resistance to change, and develop strategies to inspire team members to live in the Stretch Zone and continuously exceed expectations for clients as well as themselves. Managers who begin the day as task-focused “doers” will end the day better prepared to also be leaders who think about the “big picture” and inspire others to follow their example.
- Develop inspirational leaders who inspire stronger, more synergistic, goal-oriented sales teams
- Drive business performance
- Create “cornerstone” vision that anchors context for all sales curriculum
Sales Management Training Objectives
- Enable sales managers to achieve breakthrough results by developing both a measurement and a coaching process to create an environment of continuous improvement and development
- Inspire passion and commitment among sales managers for their leadership role
- Develop a Sales Vision to support the Organizational Vision to clarify goals, inspire the team, and set the direction for the future
- Differentiate Leadership and Management and understand the critical role both play in building a high performance sales team
- Provide a forum for sharing best practices among sales managers
Audience: Program content is highly customized to senior sales managers
Delivery Options: Available through 1 day classroom delivery (Richardson-led or train-the-trainer), one-on-one coaching, or webinar; wide variety of relevant books and support materials to embed and sustain learning are also available.