Sales Training for Manufacturing Companies
Complimentary Case Study
Learn how a large global manufacturing company firm developed a new hire sales on-boarding training to reduce the time it takes to hire new salespeople and then ramp up their performance to a profitable level for the organization. To download the following resource, please click here.
Manufacturing companies have done a good job improving efficiencies and cutting costs to better the bottom line. But it’s top line growth that raises the bar. The simple solution is to sell more to more customers, but the selling environment has never been as challenging. Customers now research their options online and set their expectations early. Yet few manufacturing companies have invested in the kind of consultative sales training that change the conversation and reframe opportunities. This is where Richardson can help. We provide sales training solutions for manufacturing organization's sales professionals in effective ways to connect, collaborate, and close.
Richardson's manufacturing and industrial clients have experienced significant and quantifiable success from our sales training and performance improvement solutions. We measure results from experiential and quantitative levels using performance surveys, tracking, benchmarking, and ROI.
A few success points achieved by some of our clients include:
- On-boarding reduction to approximately 45 days from 70 days
- Revenues for the first six months were up about 30% after the training
- Within the first full year, revenue growth was up about 90%.
- A client achieved 139% of annual goal with 44% year-over-year growth
- One company reported that average increase in new opportunities per quarter was 12%
- “I improved my listening skills and let the client talk more. Won a $700,000 plus sale.”
- “Closed a $1.2 Million sale with a large client mainly by listening better and positioning the value of our products”
- “Richardson’s training is well executed, but most importantly the subject matter was relevant, effective, and applicable to my everyday job responsibilities.”
Representative Client List
How We Help
Richardson partners with leading manufacturing and industrial organizations to provide a comprehensive sales training solution for sales and service teams, as well as sales leaders. Our solutions enable sales professionals to reach the next level of success within today’s rapidly changing selling environment. Richardson specifically tailors each solution to reflect your unique culture and values, driving rapid adoption and lasting results. We identify sales best practices, evaluate talent, and build skills and consistency through world-class sales training and sustainment. We partner with you to:
- Define key success drivers and focus on improving those few that matter most
- Develop your people through customized sales training solutions that enable the right activities and compelling customer dialogues
- Drive business outcomes through sustained improvement of sales force performance and productivity
Solution Examples Include:
- Global Manufacturing Company – Richardson developed a new-hire sales training curriculum for new college graduates with little experience. The program established a consistent sales approach and presentation and dialogue skills to help them differentiate their products. New hires used their new conversation skills to maintain and grow existing relationships.
- Leading technology Manufacturing Company - The sales force was very experienced but lacked a consistent sales process. The company wanted a customer-focused selling approach. Richardson created a training program designed to provide salespeople with advanced selling skills to enable them to better tell the company's value story.
- Leading Manufacturer of Chemical Products – the company’s strategy is based heavily on building and expanding strong relationships. Richardson’s programs were designed to help salespeople and managers build the skills and processes to successfully work through and maintain relationships. There were also Trusted Advisor elements in the program, as salespeople were expected to be problem-solvers for the distributors.
|Global Manufacturing Industry Sales Trends and Strategic Initiatives
||Companies that call on the manufacturing industry can leverage industry trends detailed in this report and take strides toward being proactive vs. reactive through a series of adjustments to business practices. Add to than effort the investment in key areas of skill development to solidify a consultative culture and equip salespeople to increase the quality of each sales call. Click here to Download
|Consumer Package Goods Industry Sales Trends and Strategic Initiatives
||As a result of analyzing data from several consumer package goods organizations, Richardson has been able to identify specific best practices for CPG companies which represent the most pressing areas for skill development in this industry. Click here to Download