On this page:
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) for Sales Teams
Sales organisations operating in an era of global instability are seeking solutions to continue salesforce development in light of travel restrictions.
As leaders look to video and digital technology to supplement their performance initiatives, they are looking for assurance that they aren’t sacrificing quality.
Richardson Sales Performance has pivoted to virtual training by creating our robust virtual workshops, conducting hundreds of virtual instructor-led training (VILT) workshops and enhancing the sales performance skills of thousands of participants to-date.
Engaging in live, in-person training is a well-known enabler of enhanced sales performance and competitive edge. However, replicating the effectiveness of live training in a virtual classroom means more than just presenting in a virtual meeting with slides. To get the impact of live instructor-led training without the cost and risk of travel, a truly engaging virtual sales training solution must be implemented to drive sales results.
VILT Workshop Delivery Experience
Using video and digital technology and 40+ years of sales and learning expertise, we built our VILT sales training solution, a robust set of virtual instructor-led training programmes that replicate the experience and impact of live, in-person training.
The video below provides a brief demonstration of the virtual learning environment
Learn more about the benefits of investing in interactive VILT sales training by downloading the brief: Virtual Learning – Rethinking the Possibilities
How Our Virtual Instructor-Led Sales Training Works
Each virtual sales training workshop is led by a highly skilled sales Facilitator and consists of 4 four-hour sessions using Zoom video conferencing, making the content more easily digestible and reducing time away from customers.
Some key features of Virtual Sales Training Workshops include:
- Video, used by both the Facilitator and all participants, to increase engagement and learning
- Interactive tools, such as polling, chats, and breakout groups, to replicate in-person small group work like group drills and role plays
- Simple, lightweight Zoom interface and home-printer friendly workbooks to make it easy for sellers to log on and easy to interact
- On-the-job assignments are given between sessions to extend the action into the flow of work and report back what they learned. (Secret: In many ways, our virtual instructor-led training beats what we do in a live classroom — because we rarely get to come back and see how they did with the learning in their customer conversations!)
Understanding the Virtual Learning Environment
Virtual sales training workshops are delivered as part of our digitally enabled learning architecture, powered by our blended learning platform, Richardson Sales Performance Accelerate™. Effectiveness means readying salespeople with an assessment of their strengths and gaps and teaching them core concepts before they enter the virtual classroom.
Once there, that valuable time is preserved for the application of newly learned skills and targeted feedback from the Facilitator.
Post-workshop work includes mastery of knowledge gained and critical digital practice activities so that the skills stay front and centre long enough for new habits to take hold.
Benefits of Virtual Sales Training
VILT delivers the following benefits:
- A practical approach to train a group of geographically dispersed team members
- Reduced cost for travel, facilities and equipment rental
- Reduced time out of office for travel
- Half-day format enables balance with customer work
- Content digested in shorter periods of time
- Allows for on-the-job application in between sessions to drive adoption
Included Participant Materials
All participants in a virtual instructor-led sales training workshop will receive:
- Getting Started Guide
- Home Office Printer-Friendly Workbooks
- On-the-Job Assignments
- Resource Guide
- Learning Content Map
We’d love the opportunity to connect with you to discuss how this delivery option can help you achieve your training goals. Let’s get the conversation started – click here to contact us today. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 20 7917 1806.