Sales Motivation Training for High Performers
Please click here to download a copy of our Sales Effectiveness System curriculum and solution overview
Help Your Sales Managers use Process and Skill to Provide Impactful Praise and Direction to High Performing Sales Reps
Within sales teams there are varying levels of skill and success. While the effective sales coach can coach at every skill level, many sales coaches are challenged by what to do with the high performer — the team member whose skill, knowledge, and results are exemplary. Retaining and motivating high sales performers and keeping them happy is critical — others on the team follow their lead, they are costly to replace, and they make a major contribution to the business. While coaches are often busy focusing their efforts on others, top performers deserve the same attention as the rest of the team — which is why coaches need to know how to give positive feedback to keep them motivated.
Richardson’s sales motivating training program for high performers helps sales managers define the right process and skills to provide high-impact praise. Using highly customized cases and exercises, participants practice a Praise Model to acknowledge the accomplishments of top performers, use questioning skills to help them share and savor the moment, and leverage their accomplishments to help others on the team. Participants practice how to resist the temptation of mixing constructive feedback with praise and instead allow the salesperson to bask in the praise by discussing the specifics that led to the success. They also practice tailoring motivational strategies to individual sales representitives, sharing feedback upward when appropriate, and linking rewards to behavior.
- Maximize the effectiveness of the sales team by acknowledging top performers and leveraging their success to develop others
- Reduce the cost of hiring and training new salespeople by increasing retention rates and improving job satisfaction
- Provide high performers with genuine, enthusiastic praise using specific examples in either face-to-face, voice mail, or e-mail settings
- Commit to using praise in an undiluted form while using a separate coaching session to give balanced feedback that includes strengths and areas for improvement
- Lead a motivational sales career planning session to understand the high performer’s career goals and needs and encourage further exploration and development
Audience: Program content is highly customized to any level, from new to experienced sales managers
Delivery Options: Available through one-half day classroom delivery (Richardson-led or train-the-trainer), one-on-one coaching, or webinar; wide variety of relevant books and support materials to embed and sustain learning are also available.