RevOps Training: Aligning Teams for Success
What Is RevOps?
RevOps is the collaboration of marketing, sales, customer support, and product teams operations across the full customer life cycle to drive growth and keep all teams accountable to revenue.
Instead of solely supporting the education and optimization of the new business−centric Sales Enablement team, brands must foster growth and success of both:
- Sales Enablement Teams: Including all the scripts, processes, tools, etc., that Marketing & Sales teams need to acquire new customers, and
- Revenue Enablement Teams: Similarly, all the processes, tools, etc., that are needed, in this case by Customer Success, Solutions Architects, etc., to retain and grow
In short, RevOps includes bringing together all customer-facing teams that collectively find, retain, and grow customers and developing repeatable and predictable processes, skills, and knowledge to organize around the customer and increase revenue. Cohesive tools, technology, and training are key to creating this alignment of diverse teams many of whom are not in traditional sales roles.
Tools & Training
Marketing & Sales have deep awareness and expertise with the Demand & Buying Journey, but the key to Revenue Enablement is optimizing the entire Customer Journey. That means Client Services and Product teams need to know how to interact with customers in a way that engages them and drives them to deepen their investment over time.
For this to work, RevOps leaders need to educate their teams, bring together teams that aren’t normally responsible for selling with those who are, and implement proper tools and technology to assist with cross-team collaboration, forecasting, monitoring performance, and analyzing revenue results.
Everyone on the RevOps team should be comfortable with the basics of consultative selling and should understand how their role fits within that customer journey and can help influence its trajectory. Richardson Sales Performance’s materials include a range of useful training curriculum and tools to help achieve these ends, such as:
Training Programs for Non-Sellers & Sellers Alike
- Consultative Sales Training – Provides your team the fundamentals of driving productive dialogue and communication with Prospects and Customers.
- Customer Service Sales Training – Sales training customized for those in Customer Success and Customer Service roles.
- Major Account Training – Aligns everyone on your VIP prospects’ and customers’ teams for long-term success from acquisition through to retention and growth.
- Sprint Selling Program – An innovative new approach to training teams based on “agile” approach. Works in combination with our CRM-Enabled Workflow Tools.
Tools for RevOps Success
- CRM Enabled Workflow Tools, including the Major Account Planning Tool – These tools allow for direct integration with Salesforce and assist your team in monitoring deals, evaluating their strength, and forecasting outcomes.
Sales Process Optimization
Optimize your sales process by anchoring to verifiable outcomes and discover a proven path to improved sales team performance.Learn More
RevOps for the Win
When it comes to the contemporary buying process, which is radically more splintered and competitive than ever before, businesses that layer on top of their standard Sales Enablement efforts, an additional “whole customer journey,” Revenue Enablement approach will be the leaders of the pack. Older, acquisition-first methodologies aren’t sufficient to sustain brands in this new landscape.
In order to improve your RevOps, you must create a unified team that is all skilled and educated in areas of customer communication, consultative selling, as well as service. Training diverse individuals with varied backgrounds and knowledge can be a challenge, but that’s where Richardson Sales Performance’s over 40 years of expertise are critical to delivering the revenue wins you seek.
White Paper: The Future of Selling is Agile: Introducing Sprint Selling
Learn about a new sales methodology that defines critical actions and skills needed to win deals.Download
Get industry insights and stay up to date, subscribe to our newsletter.
Joining our community gives you access to weekly thought leadership to help guide your planning for a training initiative, inform your sales strategy, and most importantly, improve your team's performance.