Empower Your Sales Team to More Effectively Engage Customers in Virtual Meetings
Our current operating environment demands a shift in the way we engage with and sell to customers. We no longer have the benefit of meeting and connecting face to face – options we perhaps took for granted in developing relationships and trust.
The way we prepared for, engaged in, and followed up on customer dialogues and selling opportunities must adapt. Sales professionals must be equipped to break the artificial barrier that exists when selling in a virtual setting by using heightened selling skills to engage, personalize and disarm customers.
Virtual selling requires a significant shift in the use of traditional selling skills to create a more engaging and connected buyer experience.
People behave differently in a virtual setting. They don’t engage in the same way and are more easily distracted. The artificial and often informal nature of selling over video creates a divide between traditional selling methods that rely on formality and the natural connectedness people feel when sitting face-to-face.
There are many traps that exist when selling virtually – avoiding these pitfalls requires the use of selling skills and techniques that must be executed with a heightened sense of intentionality.
A salesperson’s level of preparedness to show up credibly over video, create a real connection and have a meaningful interaction that builds trust is paramount. Small mistakes equate to amplified distractions.
Richardson and Sales Performance International’s new Virtual Selling program equips salespeople with the skills and techniques to increase credibility, create connection, foster openness, and build trust in a virtual setting to drive momentum and win sales opportunities.
The program covers:
- Preparation: Virtual selling requires a higher level of preparation to manage the environment; project professionalism and credibility; build rapport, effectively use the technology; set expectations for being on camera; and thoughtfully create materials that enhance and help engage while not distracting from real conversation.
- Virtual Selling Skills: Seller skills have to be at a higher level to display virtual Presence and engage in meaningful discussions while holding the customer’s attention.
- Meeting Structure and Facilitation Skills: Drive desired meeting outcomes by creating a clear game plan for the meeting and applying facilitation techniques to manage time and stakeholders in a virtual environment.
In short, virtual selling is more challenging than face to face selling, especially if sellers are forced into a virtual environment with little experience or training and are already stressed given the global state of affairs.
Sales leaders need to instill calm and confidence so sellers can focus on the right things.
Sellers need to instill calm and confidence with customers scrambling to keep their own businesses in operation. Sellers need a game plan, and confidence and skill to fully embrace and execute a virtual selling strategy. And the only way to gain confidence and skill is to practice in a virtual environment.
Just as in sports, the team best conditioned is the one who typically comes out on top. Arming sellers with an understanding of the unique challenges, a set of best practices, and lots of practice is what will help sellers to continue to engage in meaningful conversations, and instill the confidence and trust needed for customers to make purchase decisions in these difficult times.
Objectives of the Virtual Selling Training Program
The virtual selling training program will empower your sellers to more effectively engage their customers in virtual meetings by training to do the following:
- Apply virtual selling skill best practices to increase credibility, create connection, foster openness, and builds trust remotely to drive momentum and win opportunities
- Drive desired meeting outcomes by creating a clear game plan for the meeting and applying facilitation techniques to manage time and stakeholders in a virtual setting
- Use virtual Presence to instill energy into the virtual environment and drive engagement to replicate the personalized and meaningful interactions that more naturally occur in a face-to-face environment
- Diagnose ways to increase effectiveness by understanding the benefits, challenges and traps of selling in a virtual setting
- Apply virtual preparation best practices to project maximum professionalism, effectively use technology tools, and thoughtfully create materials that enhance and help engage while not distracting from real conversation
Virtual Selling Program Delivery Options
Webinar: Give your sellers the confidence boost needed with a quick introduction to best practices
- 90-minute webinar
- Limited interaction, designed as an information session for large groups
- Playbook with tips
Virtual Instructor-led Workshop
- 4-hour interactive virtual instructor-led workshop
- Small group breakout sessions
- Provides practice in applying virtual selling best practices
- Leverages Zoom
- Methodology agnostic
- Can be customized if scoped