Sales Coaching Transforms Managers into Inspirational Leaders
Sales coaching is an undisputed means of driving impact. Aberdeen’s research finds that top organisations are more than twice as likely as stragglers to support sales development with manager-led sales coaching. However, great sales coaching is counter-intuitive. A sales coach needs to understand the barriers and resistance to sales coaching and then build skills in learning how to coach effectively to improve performance and make their teams successful.
Developmental Sales Coaching Programme
Richardson’s Sales Coaching programme transforms the traditional role of a Sales Manager from being the expert who directs and tells to being a coach who inspires increased self-motivation to learn, change, and improve results.
We help sales coaches make the necessary shift in mindset to truly commit to coaching and effectively running a sales team. Sales managers gain insight into their personal biases, perceptions, communication approaches, and skill gaps that interfere with their abilities to increase accountability and strengthen performance.
Using the Developmental Coaching Framework and Skills, managers learn to help team members self-discover and self-assess ways to use their strengths and continually grow and improve through effective problem-solving. The result is a team of more self-aware, self-reliant, and skilled salespeople who take greater ownership for their growth and who more independently meet business goals. The result for the organisation is a culture that values feedback and inspires self-motivation to continually learn, grow, and improve results.
This program equips sales managers with the process, skills, and tools needed to reinforce the learning, effect lasting behaviour change, and improve results to ensure ROI from your training investment.
Business Benefits of the Developmental Sales Coaching Training Programme
- Create competitive advantage by building an organisation-wide coaching culture that drives business performance
- Create a discipline of “everyday coaching” that accelerates learning, effects behavior change, and improves results
- Improve problem-solving skills and strengthen performance by turning routine management inspections into coachable moments
- Inspire higher levels of self-motivation to grow and excel so team members take greater responsibility for their performance and success
Learning Objectives of the Developmental Sales Coaching Training Programme
- Learn the Developmental Sales Coaching Framework to effectively coach salespeople and increase their accountability for personal growth
- Shift the mindset of sales managers from being the expert, administrator, and fixer to being a resource that strengthens performance, helping team members become self-aware, self-reliant, and accountable for their personal growth
- Identify three core reasons to coach and explain the common mistakes managers make in how they focus their coaching efforts
- Define Developmental Coaching and explain the science behind why it is more effective than directive coaching in strengthening individual and organisational performance when running a sales team
- Apply the Developmental Coaching Framework and Skills to engage team members in a collaborative conversation that results in:
- Increased ownership for performance from the team member
- Greater independence and self-reliance by the team member
- Increased trust and stronger relationships between manager and team member
- Better problem solving
- Improved job performance
- Apply guidelines for giving effective feedback in a way that reduces defensiveness, creates valuable insight, and builds trust
Sales Coaching Programme Delivery
Developmental Sales Coaching is available as a blended learning solution that incorporates both a facilitator-led workshop (one-day or two-day) and the Richardson Accelerate™ for pre-workshop learning and post-workshop sustainment, through the Richardson Accelerate digital-learning platform only, or as a facilitator-led workshop only in a one-day or two-day engagement.