Build a Better Team with Behavioural Interviewing Training
Sales talent can be a significant device for growth but only if the right talent is brought into the organisation to succeed based on the company’s goals and culture. The cost associated with recruiting and hiring salespeople can complicate things, as can many managers’ lack of skills in performing a thorough, performance-based assessment in the selection process.
Behavioural Interviewing Training Programme
Richardson’s Behavioural Interviewing Programme helps managers, sales managers, human resource professionals, and recruiters to understand what makes star performers successful and then optimise the process of interviewing sales candidates to find professionals who possess those qualities. Since not all professionals in hiring positions have had formal training in interviewing, the programme teaches a strategic, performance-based questioning process to assess a candidate’s past behaviour — since research in social psychology has long supported that the past is the best predictor of the future — in contexts similar to those encountered in the position for which he or she is being considered.
Participants learn to then match that assessment to the competency and cultural requirements of the job. Using highly customised training scenarios, participants practice sales interview questions that help them assemble a rich picture of the candidate’s background, skill sets and competencies, work style, and motivations while also reducing subjectivity, stereotyping, or decisions based on first impressions. Participants also learn skills to gain the interest of a top candidate, resolve their objections during the hiring process, and internally position a candidate to key management.
Business Objectives of the Behavioural Interviewing Training Programme
- Achieve aggressive growth goals by increasing sales revenues
- Attract and retain the top sales talent in the marketplace
- Reduce hiring time and associated hiring costs
Learning Objectives of the Behavioural Interviewing Training Programme
- Increase the effectiveness of Managers in selecting the best candidates based on culture and competency fit to maximise success
- Successfully recruit the best salespeople in a competitive marketplace
- Provide Managers with an interviewing process that they can use to determine the competency and cultural fit of candidates based on their understanding of their organisation’s culture, job specifications, and competencies
- Increase effectiveness at creating and asking behavioural interviewing questions
Behavioural Interviewing training is available as a one-day instructor-led training programme. It is also available via synchronous virtual delivery.