Strengthening Your Sales Culture
Define, build, and improve your sales culture with an intentional plan.
Foster an intentional sales culture by focusing on four key areas.
The Strengthening Your Sales Culture training module outlines four key areas that sales leadership can focus on to define and build a sales culture that improves business results.
Build a Culture for Sales Sucess
A sales culture must be intentionally constructed because it answers the question, "how do we sell?"
Too often culture is a vague set of norms that emerge from circumstances rather than from an intentional design. This is a problem because culture is enormously important in a selling organisation. Culture is the support structure on which the organisation sits.
Strengthening Your Sales Culture Module Overview
In this module, we teach 4 key areas of a Sales Culture Plan:
- Management Disciplines (Help drive Business Results) - Consistency in the execution of key management disciplines (e.g., One-on-Ones, Coaching, Pipeline Reviews, Team Meetings, etc.) can help you achieve your desired sales culture. Within your key management disciplines explore the frequency and duration of each discipline to set expectations with your team.
- Rewards and Recognitions – Here the manager explores ways (types, frequency, and venue) that rewards and recognitions can motivate and shape a sales culture. Additionally, the manager identifies his/her current approach to identify what is working and not working.
- People Development Methods – Here the manager identifies areas where new skills and capabilities need to be developed among the team and assesses ways to provide that development (e.g., on-the-job experience, relationships, and feedback, classroom training)
- Systems, Tools, and CRM – Here the manager determines the criticality of the current systems, tools, and CRM being used. He or she then determines the commitments to which he/she and the team will be accountable
Throughout the course of this module sales leadership team members will:
- Draft their own sales culture statement
- Explore the frequency and duration of key management disciplines that drive culture
- Explore ways that rewards and recognition can motivate and shape a sales culture
- Identify areas where new skills and capabilities need to be developed among the team
- Determine the systems, tools, and CRM commitments to which the team will be accountable