SIG Combibloc Success Story
SIG Combibloc improves win rates by 20%
In order to support top-line growth, global packaging company SIG Combibloc launched a commercial 5-year plan and teamed up with Richardson Sales Performance in 2020.
Our mutual goal: to build, deploy and implement a global Commercial Excellence program powered by Richardson Sales Performance’s Solution Selling methodology.
With this initiative SIG Combibloc’s leadership wanted to:
- Bring more value to our customers, helping them to become more successful, through a better understanding of the needs of all stakeholders involved and by applying a collaborative approach to creating a joint vision of a solution
- Embed the Value-Based Solution Selling (VBSS) methodology into the daily “way of selling” at SIG Combibloc
- Strengthen and further capitalize on previous investments made into SIG Combibloc’s sales infrastructure (Salesforce.com, sales and sales management processes)
- Ensure that SIG Combibloc would have the in-house expertise to successfully drive the implementation
In August 2020 SIG Combibloc and Richardson Sales Performance initiated the Value-Based Solution Selling initiative. The initiative was built on 4 key pillars:
- Role-specific sales & sales management training that helps (a) Sellers to lead with, quantify and position value throughout the sales process, mitigate the buyer’s sense of risk, understand the modern buyer persona, and align sales conversations to different buyer states. (b) improved Sales Managers’ sales coaching, pipeline management, and opportunity review skills
- Alignment of the training methodology to and integration of key Solution Selling tools with SIG Combibloc’s Salesforce.com CRM system
- Alignment with existing sales and sales management processes
- Certification of dedicated champions within SIG Combibloc’s organization gearing them up to drive the implementation of the Value-Based Solution Selling methodology.
Consultants at Richardson worked with executives, commercial excellence, sales leaders, marketing, and Salesforce.com experts at SIG Combibloc to ensure the initiative was customized to the specifics of the business and fully integrated within SIG Combibloc’s existing sales and sales management infrastructure.
The VBSS methodology supported sales professionals at SIG Combibloc to improve their skills on:
- Applying modern approaches to planning and demand creation
- Demonstrating techniques for conducting consultative sales conversations
- Positioning SIG Combibloc’s differentiators and value to all stakeholders involved
- Gaining access to decision-makers
- Having more control over the sales cycle
- Employing preparation and negotiating activities that lead to a close
This enabled the sales professionals in bringing more value throughout the sales cycle and applying a collaborative approach when jointly creating a solution addressing the customer’s needs.