Good Solutions Begin with a Real Understanding of Your Sales Performance Needs
Every Richardson engagement includes a discovery process through which we learn more about your business strategies, selling situations, and unique challenges to inform our customization of your sales training solution.
Some clients come to the table with strong clarity on their performance strengths and opportunities for development. Other clients request that Richardson conduct a thorough needs assessment to help them identify sales performance strengths and gaps.
Our Approach to Sales Performance Needs Assessments
When a more rigorous sales needs analysis is required, we offer the following needs assessment solution and approach:
To determine specific training and content needs, we recommend a two-phased approach to a sales needs assessment that includes:
- Gather and analyze data
- Design and validate the plan
We have found that this approach to the assessment offers ample opportunities for input from the sales organization’s key senior leaders, stakeholders, and constituents to ensure that they take ownership for the plan’s rollout and success.
Richardson will leverage our extensive experience in recommending and providing customized sales and sales management training solutions for leading clients in your industry.
We conduct a series of interviews with senior sales leaders, stakeholders, and high performers. We will administer online surveys, as appropriate, with a sampling of the sales and partner organizations globally. More specifically, our interviews and survey will focus on gaining an in-depth understanding of:
- The sales and marketing strategy, organizational structure, culture, roles and responsibilities, priority product solutions, and priority customers
- Customer buying patterns, behaviors, and cycles
- The various selling situations, competitors, differentiators, key selling and coaching challenges and opportunities, and customer experience
- Relevant competency models
- Performance data
- Key product information that is critical to successful selling
- Current tools and data being used throughout the selling process
- Key selling strengths and areas for improvement
- Key Metrics
- Certification Requirements
Needs Assessment Outputs
As an output of the sales training needs assessment, Richardson will deliver the following written report, including a summary of findings and recommendations, such as:
- Overview: Business Strategy, Objectives, Culture, Changes in Environment, and Current Strengths
- Key Selling Activities
- Current Best Practices Utilized by Top Performers
- Strategic Vision for the Project
- Learning Objectives for the Project
- Strategic Curriculum Objectives
- Customized Learner Journeys
- Proposed Implementation Plan
- Evaluation and Measurement Strategy
Using the data gathered and analyzed in the sales needs assessment, Richardson will design a training curriculum for your sales audience that will empower sellers with the critical skills that they need to transform every buyer experience and unlock revenue.