Coaching for Results
Coaching for Sales Results
Most sales managers juggle what seems like a never-ending list of priorities. One thing that would help nearly all sales managers to more effectively manage would be having more time … which is why when most sales managers are told to add coaching to the “To Do” list the common reply is, “I don’t have enough time to coach.” Yet what many sales managers fail to understand is that coaching doesn’t take more time — it actually frees up more time. In fact, the most effective sales managers who know how to coach have learned that sales coaching is truly the secret of sales success, resulting in improved performance of their teams — and themselves. Coaching is the single most important job of a sales manager.
Richardson’s Coaching for Sales Results Program transforms the traditional role of a sales manager from being a boss to being a coach. Using a four-part Developmental Coaching Framework, sales managers learn to provide more than a typical evaluative performance review that provides feedback a few times a year and instead offer developmental feedback every day that is directly linked to achieving business objectives. Using highly customized scenarios, sales managers practice the critical skill at the heart of Developmental Coaching —“let them talk first” — in other words, instead of “telling” a salesperson what to do, a developmental coach uses a strategic process and questioning skills to help salespeople uncover obstacles and create their own solutions. The result for the sales team is a smarter, more skilled group who self coach and more independently meet business goals so that sales managers have more time to devote to other critical priorities. Concurrently, the result for the organization is a culture that seeks and values feedback as an integral part of everyday business.
- Build an organization-wide coaching culture that drives business performance
- Increase potential to meet measurable business goals and change behavior based on creating a discipline of “everyday coaching”
- Increase sales and meet business objectives by building the single most competitive skill an organization can possess
- Learn a Developmental Coaching Framework to effectively open a coaching dialogue, probe for perceptions and needs, uncover obstacles, create a solution, and close
- Create a culture that welcomes and thrives on feedback
- Reposition the value of sales managers – from administrative task masters to valued resources who “develop” vs. “tell” and foster powerful, incremental behavioral change
Audience: Program content is highly customized to any level, from new to experienced sales managers
Delivery Options: Available through one-half to 2 day classroom delivery (Richardson-led or train-the-trainer), online eLearning, one-on-one coaching, or webinar; wide variety of relevant books and support materials to embed and sustain learning are also available
Review Development Phase | Review Readiness Phase | Review Sustainment Phase | Download Full Curriculum Map | Contact Richardson | Return Home