Unlock the Potential of Your Inside Sales Team with Telephone Sales Training
Automated inside sales tools have created new efficiencies for sales teams. These cost-effective solutions are enabling business development representatives to reach more customers without in-person meetings or travel. In fact, McKinsey reports:
One Fortune 500 company “reduced travel costs for sales specialists by 50 percent globally, saving millions of dollars a year,” with a focus on inside sales.
However, success with this model cannot come from volume alone. More customer conversations will not move the needle unless skills and strategies are utilized to drive value in each interaction. Richardson’s telephone sales training program teaches sellers to connect solutions to needs and drive tailored value.
Customers today are pressed for time, and the absence of face-to-face meetings makes it easy for them to disengage and end the call. This leaves the seller with a narrow opportunity to establish their credibility.
With a consultative telephone selling approach, inside sales professionals can bring value to the call early by offering insights that are relevant to the customer’s industry. Surveys repeatedly reveal that the skill needed most among sellers is a deeper understanding of the customer’s business. Moreover, by sharing insights and ideas, the seller earns the right to ask questions. The answers to these questions help the seller form a connection with the customer.
Want to learn more about this training program? Complete this form, and a representative from our company will contact you to discuss your specific needs.
Consultative Telephone Selling Training Program
Richardson’s Consultative Telephone Selling offers a specific framework designed to fit the inside sales model by keeping the customer engaged. Our program is geared towards improving skills for handling both inbound and outbound telephone sales, as well as organizations seeking greater results from telesales.
This approach works because it acknowledges that the moment of truth is in the dialogue. As sellers learn to embrace this fact, the program reveals how they can increase their self-awareness for a more effective exchange.
Participants will equip themselves with an understanding of the biases and psychological principles at work in customer interactions and how to navigate them. In the end, sellers develop the confidence needed to unlock the full potential of inside sales.
Business Outcomes of the Consultative Telephone Sales Training Program
This customizable training aims to achieve the following results for both inbound and outbound telephone sales:
- Differentiating your organization from competitors through a constant focus on satisfying your customers’ needs and continuously bringing solutions that add value with each phone call
- Shortening the sales cycle by closing more profitable opportunities faster by leveraging telesales skills training within your organization.
- Expanding the depth and breadth of a solution during telesales conversations through cross-selling additional products and services
- Increasing effectiveness and quality assurance of phone selling through a consistent, organization-wide sales process
- Sharing a common “language” and best practices for teleselling that increases the effectiveness of coaching sessions
Learning Objectives of the Consultative Telephone Sales Training Program
- Prepare in a systematic and efficient manner for each outbound telesales call with a clear sales objective to achieve
- Utilize telesales training to connect with customers on inbound and outbound sales calls in order to increase the customer’s likelihood to engage in a meaningful dialogue
- Explore customer’s business objectives, challenges, and needs in order to fully understand the issue and concerns driving their decision-making process
- Leverage the company’s full offering of products and services to position a solution customized to each customer’s business objectives and challenges.
- Add value to customers by identifying and pursuing cross-selling opportunities
- Resolve typical and challenging objections that may impede a successful telesales opportunity
- Inspire action from customers in order to close the business or advance the sale
Program content in Richardson’s training for inbound and outbound telephone sales can be customized to any level, from new to experienced sales professionals.
The Consultative Telephone Selling Program can be delivered as a blended learning solution that incorporates both a one-day facilitator-led workshop and the Richardson Accelerate™ digital learning platform for pre-workshop learning and postworkshop sustainment. It is also available through the Richardson Accelerate™ digital learning platform only or as a one-day, facilitator-led workshop only. Train the Trainer options are also available.
Interested in more information about this training? Fill out the form below and a representative from Richardson will be in touch with you shortly.