Six Critical Skills Training
Build agile selling skills to create a differentiated buying experience
Understand customer needs to position more value
Traditional competitive advantages are eroding in today’s setting of widely available technology. As a result, soft skills are a way to elevate the value of the business and the quality of interactions with customers. The ability to be conversational, adaptable, and apply critical thinking is one of the best ways for your salespeople to differentiate themselves in the market. The Six Critical Skills training program helps your sales professionals build the core soft skills they need to help them open more doors, better understand customer needs, and position more value.
Six Critical Skills Training Program Overview
Six Critical Skills training program enables learners at every level to more effectively execute their customer conversations. This program is useful as a stand-alone skill improvement solution, but its efficacy is enhanced when it is combined with one of our more targeted sales training programs because it builds the soft skills that serve as a foundation for effective selling.
The program improves your team’s ability to:
- Effectively establish presence by projecting interest, conviction, energy, professional appearance, and confidence.
- Better relate to their buyers by building rapport, using acknowledgment, and demonstrating empathy.
- Ask insightful questions that compel buyers to gain a sense of ownership of the solution.
- Listen to their buyers and build a deep understanding of their words and the meaning behind them.
- Position a product or service effectively by adding value for the customer.
- Use checking to solicit feedback to ensure the buyer and seller are having the same conversation.
Sales Performance Platform Example: Questioning Skills
Six Critical Skills training is available on our Sales Performance Platform which uses video-based scenarios to take your sales team’s skills from good to great.
The video below provides an example of one of the video-based learning modules that shows the ineffective execution of questioning skills with coaching that explains the salesperson's miss-steps:
Six Critical Skills Training Program Business Benefits
This training program drives results for your organization because these soft selling skills build:
- Agility: The skills empower your team to flex to meet the needs of changing customer demands in a changing environment
- Differentiation: Your sales team’s ability to connect with customers and deeply understand their needs to the level of a trusted advisor creating barriers to entry for competitors.
- United Capabilities: Developing consistent skills across the organization ensures continuity and sustained performance improvement.
Six Critical Skills Training Program Brochure
Learn about our training program that builds the soft selling skills every seller needs to practice and perfect.Download
Key Areas Covered
Critical Skills for a Sales Dialogue
The moment of truth is in the dialogue. The Six Critical Skills are the observable behaviors that support a sales dialogue. They allow sales professionals to leverage their natural strengths to create a dialogue, foster the openness and trust needed to understand customer needs, communicate in a compelling way, and close profitable business.
Demonstrating Emotional Intelligence
Consultative Selling is human and natural. Sales professionals need a process and skills to leverage their natural styles, not a rigid set of steps or manipulative tactics that suppress their natural styles. We work with sales professionals to generate self-awareness, the foundational building block for increased emotional intelligence and more effective human interactions.
Winning Profitable Business
Growth is about getting to the next level and increasing confidence. These critical skills help sales professionals to use their unique set of strengths and opportunities for improvement to foster positive relationships, create exceptional buying experiences, and build trust to win more business.