Consultative Inside Sales Training
Train your inside sales team to build rapport and engage customers - fast
Unlock the potential of inside sales teams with a consultative approach
Train your inside sales team to take a consultative approach in their customer conversations. Building these skills enables your businesses to take advantage of the new efficiencies created by automated sales tools to engage more customers without in-person meetings or travel.
Consultative Inside Sales Training Program Overview
The Consultative Inside Sales training program trains sales professionals who sell over the phone to connect solutions to needs and drive tailored value. It offers a specific framework designed to fit the inside sales model. Sales professionals learn about the biases and psychological principles at work in customer interactions and how to navigate them. Key training topics include:
- Connecting with both inbound and outbound sales calls
- Building skills to gain a deeper understanding of customer needs
- Positioning value that differentiates
- Resolving sales objections
- Asking for committment
Sales Performance Platform Example: Connecting with an Inbound Call
The video below is from the Consultative Inside Sales Training program on our Sales Performance Platform. It demonstrates an ineffective example of the skill of connecting with an inbound call with coaching insights.
Learn more about Richardson AcclerateTM by clicking here.
Consultative Inside Sales Training Program Business Benefits
Upon completing the Consultative Inside Sales training program, your team will experience the following business benefits:
- Differentiation through a constant focus on satisfying your customers’ needs and continuously bringing solutions that add value with each phone call
- Shortened sales cycle by closing more profitable opportunities faster by leveraging telesales skills training within your organization
- Expanded depth and breadth of a solution during telesales conversations through cross-selling additional products and services
- Increased effectiveness and quality assurance of phone selling through a consistent, organization-wide sales process
- Continuous improvement from sharing a common “language” and best practices for teleselling that increases the effectiveness of coaching sessions
Consultative Inside Sales Training Program Brochure
Get more information about a training program designed to build the skills inside sales professionals need to succeed.Download
Connecting with Inbound and Outbound Calls
Sales professionals learn the process and skills needed to effectively open a call by identifying the customer's purpose for calling, taking ownership of the solution, and establishing value to gain the customer's attention.
Deeper Understanding of the Customer
Sales professionals learn how to build connections with customers to engage them in productive dialogues, ask a full range of questions, float ideas, and ensure the development of active listening skills to fully understand needs.
Positioning Value that Differentiates
Sales professionals learn how to describe capabilities and solutions using compelling messaging that links value to customer needs.
Resolving Sales Objections
Sales professionals learn to take a positive mindset toward objections to avoid defensiveness and self-serving behaviors that undermine trust, and equip themselves with a four-step model to resolve any objection.