Close Larger Deals Faster with Sales Negotiation Training
Sales professionals today must work harder than ever to reach the final stage in pursuing a sale: the negotiation. Therefore, the urge to close can overwhelm other considerations – namely, price.
In the moment, many sellers concede to pricing pressure, rather than explore the customer’s underlying needs to protect the value of the sale.
To protect the value of the sale, professionals must build skills through sales and negotiation training that enable them to convert demands into needs.
Demands are inflexible. Needs can be addressed in ways that protect pricing.
Training sales professionals to take a consultative approach to negotiations helps them control outcomes by connecting the value of the offering to the customer’s business needs.
Richardson Sales Performance’s Negotiation Sales Training Program
The Consultative Sales Negotiation training program offers specific practices that sellers can apply in a variety of negotiations, regardless of deal size or industry.
The negotiation sales training program offers a framework that helps sales professionals shape their customer’s perception of value while working towards a mutually beneficial outcome.
With a combination of social psychology, interactive learning, and customization, learners leave training with the tools, skills, and confidence to move a commitment to a close.
Richardson Sales Performance’s Chief Marketing Officer, Andrea Grodnitzky, explains how building consultative sales negotiation skills results in more mutually beneficial outcomes for your sales professionals and their clients.
To learn more contact us or download the white paper, Winning the Sale without Thinning the Sale: Negotiating With the Modern Buyer
Learning Objectives for Building Sales Negotiations Skills
Upon completing the sales negotiations training course, your sales team will be better able to:
- Control the impulse to jump to trading by connecting solutions to client needs
- Use preparation to prime the customer to build trust and maximize outcomes
- Lead the negotiation process with an opening that anchors the value of the deal
- Preserve deal size by converting demands to needs to prevent or limit trading
- Learn to achieve mutually beneficial results
- Convert a commitment to a close by overcoming deadlocks
- Execute effective follow-up to solidify the deal and maintain momentum
- Leverage the psychological principles at work during the decision-making process
Business Benefits from Improved Negotiations
Upon completing sales negotiation skills training, your team will experience the following business benefits:
- Improved ability to justify value and protect or increase deal size
- Increased win ratio and decreased sales cycle by leading the negotiation with confidence and control
- Improved ability to protect price and avoid discounting while preserving relationships
The Consultative Sales Negotiations Training program is available in the following modalities:
- Blended learning solution that incorporates both a one-day facilitator-led workshop and the Richardson Accelerate™ digital learning platform for pre-workshop learning and post-workshop sustainment
- Richardson AccelerateTM digital learning platform only
- One-day, facilitator-led workshop only
- Virtual instructor-led training