Build the skills to strengthen current relationships & uncover opportunities
Existing clients present a wealth of opportunities. Yet, while they can be your best source of additional business, many organizations struggle to take full advantage of existing relationships.
Think about the collective knowledge your sales team has about a client organization, as well as the fact that it costs four times as much to sell to a new client than it does to upsell or cross-sell a current one.
In today’s increasingly competitive environment, it is crucial to train your team to have strong cross-selling and upselling skills. This allows them to build client loyalty, communicate the most persuasive value proposition for “keeping it in the family,” and gain a larger or even dominant share of your client’s business.
Richardson’s Cross-selling and Upselling module trains your team on the analytical process and business skills needed in order to keep current relationships strong and uncover opportunities that may not be readily apparent. Training participants strengthen their ability to engage in strategic dialogues, leverage the full resources of their team, and successfully implement an individual/team cross-selling strategy.
Participants practice scenarios which allow them to gain skills in:
- Thinking creatively about a client’s needs and identify a broader range of opportunities
- Gaining higher and wider access into a client organization
- Setting strategic meetings
- Positioning a cross-sell idea more effectively
- Implementing a “we” vs. “I” sales strategy
The result of the training is a two-dimensional view of cross-selling and upselling — understanding how to develop more opportunities within a client’s organization, as well as how to internally obtain resources, prepare specialists, sell as a team, debrief, and win the business.
- Shorten the sales cycle while closing more sales
- Expand how a client organization views and values the ability of your organization to meet its full range of needs
- Build client loyalty by showing your organization’s interest in understanding its current and future business objectives
- Strengthen the ability of the sales team to position and leverage your organization’s broad range of resources to meet client needs
- Provide the skills and techniques to sell deeper into a client organization by more effectively engaging executives in strategic cross-selling and upselling dialogues
- Learn a cross-sell process, which includes recognizing cues, creating the right team, gaining the appointment, extraordinary preparation, the cross-selling dialogue, resolving tough objections, following-up, and closing the business
- Help salespeople to think “big picture” about their client’s needs and think “team” about their internal organization
This training module’s content is customized to any level, from new to experienced salespeople and their managers.
Available as an add-on module to all core training programs