Sales Coaching Training Transforms Managers into Inspirational Leaders
Sales coaching is an undisputed means of driving impact.
However, great coaching is counter-intuitive. A sales coach needs training to understand the barriers and resistance to coaching and then build skills to effectively improve performance.
Developmental Sales Coaching Program
Richardson’s Developmental Sales Coaching program transforms the role of a Sales Manager from being the expert who directs to a coach who inspires.
In the Developmental Sales Coaching training program, sales managers gain insight into their personal biases, perceptions, communication approaches, and skill gaps that interfere with their abilities to increase accountability and strengthen performance.
Using the Developmental Coaching Framework and Skills, managers learn to help team members self-discover ways to leverage strengths. They learn to coach their teams to continually grow and improve through problem solving.
The result is a team of more self-aware, self-reliant, and skilled salespeople who more independently meet business goals and the creation of a culture that values feedback and inspires self-motivation.
This program arms sales managers with the process, skills, and tools needed to reinforce learning, effect lasting behavior change, and improve results.
In this video, Richardson CMO, Andrea Grodnitzky, explains why great coaching is counter-intuitive and how a developmental approach to sales coaching drives long-term results for your team.
To learn more, download the white paper, Great Coaching Is Counter-intuitive, which explores the true barriers to sales coaching, as well as the core tenets of sales coaching excellence.
Developmental Sales Coaching Training Program Learning Objectives
Upon completing the Developmental Sales Coaching training program, your sales managers will be better able to:
- Apply the Developmental Sales Coaching Framework to effectively coach salespeople and increase their accountability for personal growth
- Shift the mindset of sales managers from being the expert to being a resource helping team members become accountable for their personal growth
- Identify three core reasons to coach and explain common mistakes in sales coaching
- Define Developmental Coaching and explain the science behind why it is more effective than directive coaching
- Apply the Developmental Coaching Framework and Skills to engage team members in a collaborative conversation that results in:
- Increased ownership for performance from the team member
- Greater independence and self-reliance by the team member
- Increased trust and stronger relationships between manager and team member
- Better problem solving
- Improved job performance
- Apply guidelines for giving feedback in a way that reduces defensiveness, creates insight, and fosters trust
Developmental Sales Coaching Program Business Benefits
Upon completing the Developmental Sales Coaching program, your organization will experience the following business benefits:
- A competitive advantage from building a coaching culture that drives performance
- A discipline of “everyday coaching” that accelerates behavior change and improves results
- Improved performance from turning routine management inspections into coachable moments
- Higher levels of self-motivation to excel so that team members take greater responsibility for their performance
Learn how Richardson’s Developmental Sales Coaching training helped Oppenheimer Funds’s global sales organization develop a deeper understanding of their customers’ needs to foster differentiation that earned sales. Click here to read the case study.
Richardson’s Developmental Sales Coaching training program is available in the following modalities:
- Blended learning solution that incorporates both a one-day, facilitator-led workshop and the Richardson Accelerate™ digital learning platform for pre-workshop learning and post-workshop sustainment
- Richardson Accelerate™ digital learning platform only
- One-day, facilitator-led workshop only in a one- or two-day engagement