Become an Integral Part of Your Customer’s Business with Trusted Adviser Training
According to Forrester Research, only one in ten executives get value from meetings with salespeople. This statistic represents a serious challenge for any selling organisation. It also represents an opportunity. Those salespeople who are able to act as true business partners and deeply understand their customers’ businesses and needs will have very little competition in the field. But achieving trust adviser status takes time, serious preparation, a strategic mindset, a willingness to be a student of your customer’s business, and the ability to bring valuable ideas and experience.
Trusted Adviser Training Programme
Richardson’s Trusted Adviser Training Programme teaches a five-part Framework and skills to develop a trusted, preferred provider position with your key accounts. The program helps participants to think in-depth about the behaviours of a trusted adviser, self-assess where they are currently in the Customer Relationship Pyramid, and analyze best practices of top-performing advisers. Participants learn to have higher-level dialogues with customers about their current and long-term objectives, challenges, strategies, and opportunities and then strategically build recommendations and position value while demonstrating insight and technical substance. Participants practice these strategies in highly customised scenarios and develop a tailored action plan for a priority relationship.
Business Objectives of the Trusted Adviser Training Programme
- Bolster customer loyalty and retention
- Shorten sales cycles and competitive threats
- Decrease fee pressure and increase margins and profitability
- Gain higher, wider access to more effectively cross-sell and expand relationships
Learning Objectives of the Trusted Adviser Training Programme
- Use a common language, Framework, and process for building trusted relationships, ensuring you are “invited to the table” as a valued sounding board
- Build skills at having deeper, more strategic customer dialogues to uncover needs
- More persuasively and proactively position yourself and your team as a continuous source of ideas
- Use a Relationship Planning tool and methodology for proactive, daily action planning that more effectively uses time and team resources
Trusted Adviser training is available as a one-day instructor-led training programme, it is also available via synchronous virtual delivery.