In today’s competitive environment, growing your business through an indirect channel can be a smart decision if you are fully prepared with the process and skills to maximise opportunities.
The key to a successful channel sales partnership is satisfying mutual business objectives. This takes a commitment to developing a shared vision, strong communication, and flexibility to continuously adapt to change. It also takes solid business development and selling skills to build loyalty and become a truly consultative channel partner.
Richardson’s training module for channel and indirect sales builds the skills needed in order to create collaborative, profitable relationships. Training participants learn to analyse the partner organisation, its key players, and its individual needs with the goal of differentiating themselves at the top of the Partner Relationship Pyramid as a strategic partner vs. being perceived as a less valued technical expert or product provider.
Through training scenarios, participants build skill in key aspects of channel sales management and strategy. These include:
- Using meetings as a platform for enhancing credibility and value
- Building trust and key relationships
- Reaching the highest level of decision makers without alienating current contacts
- Engaging an executive-level decision maker in a robust, partner-focused discussion that will uncover key objectives
Participants in our channel sales training will also create a Partner Action Plan in order to more effectively manage all relationships, prioritise investments across multiple vendors, enable information sharing across account teams, and increase long-term stability and growth.
Business Benefits of Channel Sales Training
Drive revenue for your business through channel sales training by:
- More effectively use channel partners as a lucrative source of additional revenue
- Increase the value, status, and loyalty channel partners associate with you and your organisation
- Transform current channel partners into more profitable relationships while making smarter, more aggressive decisions about partners from which you should disengage
Learning Objectives of Channel Sales Training
Build the skills that improve your sales professional’s performance by:
- Build the skill and process to more effectively leverage partner relationships and increase joint revenue opportunities
- Develop a Partner Action Plan with clearly defined, actionable goals and measurable results
- Gain deeper, wider access into channel partner organisations and build credibility to form long-term, trusted relationships with key executives
- Evaluate financial strategies and business impact in order to identify opportunities to entrench your products and solutions, driving growth and profitability
Module content for the channel sales training programme is customised to any level, from new to experienced salespeople, their managers, and executive management.
Available as an add-on module to all core training programmes.