Training Sales Managers to Provide High-Impact Praise
Within sales teams, there are varying levels of skill and success. While the effective sales coach can coach at every skill level, many are challenged by what to do with the high performer — the team member whose skill, knowledge and results are exemplary.
Sales motivation for high performing professionals is critical. Others on the team follow their lead, they are costly to replace, and they make a major contribution to the business. While coaches are often busy focusing their efforts on others, top performing sales professionals deserve the same attention as the rest of the team. This is why coaches need to learn how to give positive feedback and the proper incentive through sales motivation training.
Richardson’s sales manager training enrichment content focuses on teaching techniques for sales motivation that managers can implement immediately to drive performance improvement. The program equips them with the process and skill they need to provide high-impact praise.
Using cases and exercises, training participants practice a Praise Model to acknowledge the accomplishments of top performing sales professionals, use questioning skills to help them share and savor the moment, and use their accomplishments to help others on the team.
Participants in our sales motivation training also practice how to resist the temptation of mixing constructive feedback with praise and instead allow the salesperson to bask in the praise by discussing the specifics that led to the success. They also practice tailoring motivational sales strategies to individual team members, sharing feedback upward when appropriate, and linking rewards to behavior.
- Maximise the effectiveness of the sales team by acknowledging top performers and using their success to develop other sales professionals
- Reduce the cost of hiring and onboarding new salespeople by increasing retention rates and improving job satisfaction
- Train sales managers to provide high performers with genuine, enthusiastic praise and sales motivation using specific examples in either face-to-face, voicemail, or email settings
- Commit to using praise in an undiluted form while using a separate coaching session to give balanced feedback that includes strengths and areas for improvement
- Lead a motivational career planning session to understand the high performer’s career goals and needs and encourage further exploration and development
Module content is highly customised to any level, from new to experienced sales managers.
Available as an add-on module to all core training programmes