Sales Negotiation Training
Sales Negotiation Training Programs Teach the Framework for Closing Better Deals
Download a Complementary Brochure
To learn more about Richardson's comprehensive and award winning negotiation training solutions, please click here to download a complimentary brochure.
Sales Negotiation Training: Solving A Critical Issue Facing Sales Organizations
As today's buyers continue pushing sellers further down in the buying process, value articulation and ultimately price justification, becomes increasingly complex for selling organizations to navigate. Without a clear link to how their organization's solutions will solve the client's real business problems, salespeople can quickly fall into the commoditization trap and default to price concessions during sales negotiations. Richardson's sales negotiations training program will help sellers learn use a sales dialogue to position solutions so sales negotiations result in win-win deals for both the buyer and the seller.
|Now more than ever, sellers need to preserve price while maintaining strong relationships. Yet, the line between selling and a sales negotiation can seem blurry because they are part of one continuum. It's critical to know the difference between selling and negotiating in order to maximize position, avoid conceding too much too soon, and achieve target results.
Sales Negotiations Training Creates Opportunities for Win-Win Outcomes
Richardson's sales negotiations training teaches sellers the skills they need in order to be able to negotiate win-win deals and strengthen long-term relationships. In the sales negotiation training program sellers learn about the following concepts:
- How to raise the quality of negotiations with clients to make them more productive
- How to discover a client’s full range of terms and conditions
- How to justify the value a solution provides to a client
- How to trade with clients logically in order to retain control
- How to resolve pricing objections and resistance in a client-focused manner without conceding
- How to understand procurement’s drivers and strategies in order to work more effectively with strategic purchasers
Participants in the sales negotiation training learn sales negotiations best practices and a framework for structuring the dialogue from preparation through the close and increase skill at strategically seeing the negotiation through the eyes of the client as they convert demands to needs and learn to probe more deeply to understand what is driving the client’s priorities and personal agenda. Once these needs are uncovered and understood, participants use Value Justification to create a win-win outcome by establishing their worth while avoiding concessions.
Business Benefits of Sales Negotiations Training
There are many business benefits associated with improving the negotiating skills of a sales organization through training, some of these benefits include:
- Building more profitable client relationships
- Inspiring greater trust and client loyalty while strengthening your position to win future opportunities
- Collecting fees that have been traditionally left on the table
- Avoiding pressure to discount fees, especially in a difficult economy
Objectives of Richardson's Sales Negotiations Training Program
At the conclusion of the sales negotiations training participants should experience enhancements in their ability to:
- Use a common negotiating framework and skills to prepare for, lead, and close win-win negotiation dialogues at every stage of the sales process
- Gain an understanding of the differences between selling and negotiating and maximize the potential of each
- Improve effectiveness at handling price resistance and objections
- Creatively convert client demands into needs
- More effectively position your value and persuade a client that it is worthwhile to make concessions
- Close a negotiation in a way that maintains momentum, solidifies what has been accomplished, and paves the way for a smooth and successful project implementation
Like many of our sales training programs, content for negotiation training is highly customized to any level, from new to experienced salespeople, their managers, and executive management.
Richardson's Sales Negotiation Training Delivery Options
Available through 1 day classroom delivery (Richardson-led or train-the-trainer), online eLearning, one-on-one coaching, or webinar; wide variety of relevant books and support materials to embed and sustain learning are also available.