Sales Coaching Training Solutions
Transform Sales Managers into Sales Coaches with Developmental Sales Coaching Training
Sales Coaching Information
Contact us at 1.800.526.1650 or complete the short form below to be connected to a Richardson team member and learn more about our developmental sales coaching program
Manager-led coaching of sales professionals is an undisputed means of driving impact. Aberdeen’s research finds that best-in-class organizations are more than twice as likely as laggards to support sales development with manager-led coaching. However, great sales coaching is counter-intuitive. Sales Managers need to understand the barriers and resistance to coaching and then build skill in learning how to coach effectively to improve performance.
Sales Coaching Training That Drives Results
Richardson’s Developmental Sales Coaching program transforms the traditional role of a Sales Manager from being the expert who directs and tells to being a coach who inspires increased self-motivation to learn, change, and improve results.
We help Sales Managers make the necessary shift in mindset to truly commit to coaching. Sales Managers gain insight into their personal biases, perceptions, communication approaches, and skill gaps that interfere with their ability to increase accountability and strengthen performance. Using the Developmental Sales Coaching Framework and Skills, Sales Managers learn help team members to self-discover and self-assess ways to leverage strengths and continually grow and improve through effective problem-solving.
The result is a team of more self-aware, self-reliant, and skilled salespeople who take greater ownership for their growth and who - more independently -meet business goals. The result for the organization is a culture that values feedback and inspires self-motivation to continually learn, grow, and improve results.
This program arms Sales Managers with the process, skills, and tools needed to reinforce the learning, affect lasting behavior change, and improve results to ensure ROI from your training investment.
Business Benefits & Learning Objectives of Richardson's Developmental Sales Coaching Program
A coaching program can only be deemed effective if it drives revenue and business benefits. Richardson's Developmental Sales Coaching program will help your organization:
- Create competitive advantage by building an organization-wide coaching culture that drives business performance
- Create a discipline of “everyday coaching” that accelerates learning, affects behavior change, and improves results
- Improve problem-solving skills and strengthen performance by turning routine management inspections into coachable moments
- Inspire higher levels of self-motivation to grow and excel so team members take greater responsibility for their performance and success
The learning objectives of Richardson's Developmental Sales Coaching program include:
- Learn a Developmental Sales Coaching Framework to effectively coach salespeople and increase their accountability for personal growth
- Shift the mindset of Sales Managers from being the expert, administrator, and fixer to being a resource that strengthens performance helping team members become self-aware, self-reliant, and accountable for their personal growth
- Identify three core reasons to coach and explain the common mistakes managers make in how they focus their coaching efforts
- Define developmental coaching and explain the science behind why it is more effective than directive coaching in strengthening individual and organizational performance
- Apply the Developmental Sales Coaching Framework and Skills to engage team members in a collaborative conversation that results in:
- Increased ownership for performance from the team member
- Greater independence and self-reliance by the team member
- Increased trust and stronger relationships between manager and team member
- Better problem-solving
- Improved job performance
- Apply guidelines for giving effective feedback in a way that reduces defensiveness, creates valuable insight, and fosters trust
Developmental Sales Coaching is available as a blended learning solution that incorporates both a facilitator-led workshop (one-day or two-day) and the Richardson AccelerateTM digital-learning platform for pre-workshop learning and post-workshop sustainment, through the Richardson AccelerateTM digital-learning platform only, and a facilitator-led workshop only in a one-day or two-day engagement.
Download Richardson's Whitepaper: "Great Coaching is Counter-Intuitive"
Sales coaching is the key to sales success and improving the performance of the sales organization. It is the most important job a Sales Manager has . Richardson examined why coaching is so difficult to master and what great coaching must look like to overcome the barriers. This paper is for sales and learning leaders who want to drive sustained performance and growth through a pervasive coaching culture.
Click here to download the whitepaper
The Skill of Sales Coaching Video
In this video, Richardson CMO Andrea Grodnitzky explains how sales coaching is not just important to have in your organization, but critical to develop and learn in the correct way.
Contact Richardson today to learn more about our sales coaching training programs and solutions.