Consultative Sales Training Programs
Consultative sales skills dramatically improve the quality of sales calls.
Learn how Richardson's Consultative Selling program helps sellers unlock revenue and forge successful relationships with customers. Click here to download more information about the program or contact us at 1-800-526-1650 or email@example.com.
Gaining the trust of your customers can drive long-term revenue for your organization. But, in a world where buyers are increasingly wary of salespeople and selling tactics, trust can be hard to gain and easy to lose. Richardon's consultative selling program takes an in-depth look at the critical structure of a sales call or customer meeting and provides a power roadmap for a successful, needs-based dialogue that fosters trust. Download our eBook - Build Trust: A Customer-Focused Selling Approach to learn more.
The Importance of Developing Consultative Sales Skills
Developing consultative sales skills is crucial in today's competitive sales environment. It is increasingly common for buyers to conduct independent web-based research prior to meeting with a sales representitive. Buyers, therefore, are no longer interested in hearing a list of product features, rather, they are interested in learning about how a product or service will help them solve their business challenges. In order for sales people to effectively understand the business challenges of their clients or prospects they need to be skilled at engaging in a consultative sales dialoge that focuses on the customers needs rather than the sellers pitch. Developing consultative sales skills will help sales professionals in a number of ways, helping them to:
- Raise the quality of sales calls with clients making the call more productive
- Provide insights that adds value to the sales conversation
- Discover client’s needs and the ability to pursuasively link these needs to available solutions
- Resolve objections and resistance in a client-focused manner
- Close more effectively in order to move the deal forward
Richardson's Consultative Sales Training Helps Sales People to Effectively Execute their Sales Conversations
Richardson’s Consultative Selling Skills solutions takes an in-depth look at the critical structure of a sales call or client meeting and provides a powerful road-map for a successful, need-based dialogue. Our solution-oriented sales training programs provide participants with two "sales roadmap" tools, the Consultative Selling Framework and Richardson's Six Critical Selling Skills to enable people at every level to more effectively execute their sales conversations. The Consultative Selling Framework provides your team with needs-based selling training that will produce a consistent, repeatable process for conducting an effective sales dialogue. The Six Critical Skills fuel and support the Framework, empowering salespeople to leverage their technical excellence and use every sales skill available to open more doors, better understand client needs, and close more deals.
Business Benefits of Consultative Sales Skills Training
- Dramatically improve the quality of sales calls by bringing organization-wide consistency and discipline to how sales calls are prepared for, structured, and executed
- Drive revenue and business performance by helping increase close ratios for new clients and expand business for existing clients
- Build trust with customers by engaging in value added dialogues that foster collaboration and respect.
Objectives of Richardson's Consultative Sales Program
- Take the critical attribute in your organization that every salesperson has in common – communication – and add a consultative process, language, and structure for interacting with clients and executing a “more perfect” sales call
- Develop skills in building rapport during sales that encourages clients to more openly and honestly share information about their needs, competitors, pricing, decision criteria, and other information critical to winning business.
- Needs-based selling training will provide a questioning strategy to more effectively uncover client needs and enable product positioning that is strategic and client-focused
- Apply a four-step Model to resolve any objection
- More confidently ask for the business
Similar to all of Richardson's sales training programs, content for consultative sales skills training is highly customized to any level, from new to experienced salespeople, their managers, and executive management.
Consultative Sales Skills Training Delivery Options
Richardson's consultative sales skills training is available through 1-2 day classroom delivery (Richardson-led or train-the-trainer), online eLearning, one-on-one coaching, or webinar; wide variety of relevant books and support materials to embed and sustain learning are also available.